Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Death Toll

Since it's been forever, why not a two-fer!


On a shitty note, we laid off more people on Monday. 4 people got completely canned and two others got reduced to part time. The last layoffs were at the end of August. I think it was 6 then.

10 people doesn't sound like much, but when you only have 40 to start with, it's alot.

I haven't been able to sleep the past two nights because I know that I'm next on the list. I absolutely love my job. I like 99% of the people that I work with. I just know that when the ax finally drops, it is going to suck HARD. I'm in the technology industry and there isn't shit out there for jobs.

I thought that this past round of layoffs wasn't going to happen for at least another 4-6 months. The scary thing is that the boss said that he wanted to do it at the end of October but couldn't stomach firing people before the holidays. That worries me even more because that means that we've been carrying dead weight for an extra 2-3 months.

I'm guessing that the next round will be... me (IT guy), 3 people that got hired a couple months before me, the part timers, and the smoking hottie mentioned below. MAYBE one of the project leaders. After that, the company is down to a skeleton crew.

It will fucking happen. The gov't is screwing shit up soo bad for architecture firms right now, I don't see business really picking up for at least 18 months or more. Banks aren't lending so nobody can build.

I'm guessing I've got 3-6 months. I can see paying off my my credit card in about 3 months, but not my car. Fuck. I'll get REALLY depressed if I have to sell my car. That was the best thing to happen to me...well since I got this great job.

I guess I had better start practicing...

Would you like fries with that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home