Tuesday, November 21, 2006

The Tube

I just got my HDTV setup up and running. I discovered a new subchannel. The local independent station is running "The Tube" on 24.2. It's an all music video channel. You know what MTV and VH1 used to be. I've only been watching it for barely an hour but I like it. Here is their mantra...

"A simple idea that is radically different. The Tube is pure music television with no reality shows, no game shows and no award shows. The Tube is only music, all music. The best artists, the best songs and the best images of all time. Created by Les Garland, one of the pioneers behind MTV, VH1 and The Box, The Tube presentation is honest, intelligent and respectful of music and the people who love it."

So far I've seen a No Doubt concert. Videos by the Pretenders, Robert Plant, Blondie, and a bunch of others.

I'm interested to see if they play newer stuff too. Right now it's just old 80's videos...good videos...but still old.


Check it out...

http://thetubetvinfo.com/

Click on "Where to Watch" to see if they have it in your town.



Ha! Now they're playing the friggin Pet Shop Boys. I'm having flashbacks of my babysitter watching MTV.

1 Comments:

Blogger BP said...

It's definitely worth checking out. I've been watching it off and on all day today. It's more VH1 than MTV. The newest stuff that I've seen is Alanis and Barenaked Ladies. Kinda dissapointing.

It's all very tame. No rock. At least not new rock.

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home