Friday, May 26, 2006

First Day

Tommorow is gonna suuuuuuuuuccccccckkkkkkkkk. Why? It's 12:30 and I'm not tired at all. Tomorrow is my first day at my "new" job. Last night I finally fell to sleep at 5:30am. I'm a night owl. It's the way I work. The longer that I'm on vacation, the later I wake up and the later I get up.

I've heard many different stories how working 2nd or 3rd shift is soo hard on people. I think that's a load of crap. Some people just work on a different schedule. Even when I know that I have to be up for work at 6am, I still don't go to sleep 'til between midnight and 1am. I just can't go to sleep any earlier. I've tried.

My roommate's co-worker L (the one that I think has the world's sweetest ass) goes to sleep at 9pm everynight. I thought that was pretty weird. I would expect to hear that out of my grandparents, not a 25 year old.

I used to work at a TV station 2nd shift. I was never happier or healthier. I got home around 11:30pm, watched Conan, played on my computer, then fell asleep around 2am. Woke up around 11am fully refreshed. Went on a bike ride for an hour with plenty of time left to shower, eat breakfast/lunch, and head into work. It was great!

I wish that more companies had more flexible hours. Just because everybody else wakes up at 6-7-8am and feels fine does mean that I do. Fuckers. ;)

2 Comments:

Blogger MG said...

Just within the last year have I "trained" myself to sleep at night and wake up in the morning...

I, too, am a night owl, different clocks, nothing wrong with that

(well except that there's not much to do late at night)

7:20 AM  
Blogger Bite Me said...

I can think of a few things to do late at night. :-0 I'm really only posting to show the new profile pic that BP the computer diety has bestowed upon me.
Wrod verification is twzmg= Touch Wildly and Zealously MG I like it!

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home