Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Me sleepy.

I'm a nightowl. In a perfect world, I would have a second shift job, wake up at noon every day and go to bed at 4am. It's how my body works. Unfortunately my job requires me to be at work by 7:30ish. I have gotten into this nasty habit of staying up 'til 3 or 4 on the weekends. This really screws things up. In the past I've always been able to recover and get into a normal sleep schedule during the week. Over the past few months I've been noticing that it just doesn't work anymore.

I get home from work and about an hour later I feel like total crap and end up falling asleep. This is not good. I end up waking up around 8 and then staying up 'til 2am. This evil cycle continues itself through the week. Right now, I'm forcing myself to stay awake until at least 9:30. Hopefully this will reset my body clock and get a full night's sleep.

The other bad thing about this sleep schedule is that I'm not getting any exercise. If I fall asleep and wake up at 8, I really don't want to go riding in the dark. I'm broke so I really can't join a gym with long hours. Also, I end up eating dinner and sitting in front of my computer until I eventually get tired. That sure doesn't help.

Stupid getting old/slower metabolism crap. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home